CH8SING WATERFALLS AT CLOUDLAND CANYON STATE PARK
9am at the Waterfall Trail parking area. When you enter Cloudland Canyon State Park you will drive straight through all of the 4 way stops for about 1 mile before you reach the parking lot for the Waterfall Trail. The parking area has restrooms and picnic tables.
PARKING: $5 or GA State Parks Annual Pass.
1. We will first take pictures at the Waterfall Trail overlook before carpooling to Sitton's Gulch trailhead located outside the Park: Canyon Park Estates, 741 Canyon Park Drive
Trenton GA 30752.
2. The hike is 6mi out and back through a lush, mostly flat forest. We will see several water features on the way to Hemlock and Cherokee Falls. We reach Hemlock Falls first. Viewing Cherokee Falls requires ascending/descending 900+ metal steps . You may or may not choose to do this.
3. After visiting the falls, we will hike back to the trailhead and carpool to the Cloudland Canyon parking lot.
WHAT TO BRING:
1. Weather-appropriate clothing, sturdy walking or hiking shoes. Trekking poles optional.
2. 2L water and trail snacks.
August 10, 2019
9:30am - 1:30pm
Cloudland Canyon State Park
122 Cloudland Canyon Park Rd
Waterfalls Trail Parking Lot
Rising Fawn, GA 30738
Google map and directions